Many articles were provided by our Australian friend Gordon Stephen.
- Boston Rock Storybook: The Pixies
A wonderful narration of the Pixies' first recording sessions, written by the former owner of the Fort Apache studios Joe Harvard. The article originally comes from Joe's web page, which is full of essential informations about the Boston scene. Visit it and you will find articles about such bands as the Breeders, Throwing Muses, Belly, Dinosaur Jr, and many others.
- The Pixies: More Fun Than Picking Scabs (Reflex Magazine, May 1988)
About a young band, and... their initial manager's "nice pair of bazoombas"
- Pixies (Option, July/August 1988)
Mainly about Surfer Rosa
- Pixies Cast Their Spell (Rolling Stone, June 1989)
Short but good introduction to the band
- Pixies' Music Is Anything But Easy Listening (Canton Repository, August 4 1989)
A few days before Pixies come to town, the Canton Repository's entertainment
writer interviews Kim
- The Diary of Black Francis (Melody Maker, December 1989)
BF narrates you how he met David Bowie, had dinner with R.E.M., went to
the movies with Nick Cave, was barred from his own gig in San Diego, was
nearly killed by a Stone Roses girlfriend, and more...
- Here And There And Everywhere (Alternative Press, September 1989)
Long article about touring, songwriting, fame, sci-fi, money...
- No Time-Wasters! (Q, September 1990)
Band genesis, songwriting...
- Surf's Up (Music Express, October 1990)
Mainly about songwriting, funny bits...
- Surfing With The Aliens (Rolling Stone, November 1990)
Band genesis, Bossanova, Reading festival, nice quotes from Joey...
- Facing the Fire Squad (Melody Maker, November 3 1990)
Very nice one: touring, songwriting, Breeders; Kim speaks and Charles
- One of a Kind (Sounds, November 1990)
Review of Black Francis solo gig at London's Borderline
- Surfer Rosa to Supernova (Sounds, December 1990)
About Bossanova and Pixies' difficulties to reach mass success in America
- The Ghost of Christmas Past (Melody Maker, December 22/29 1990)
The Pixies tell their Christmas memories
- The Pixies. Gods of Almost Pop(Guitar Player, April 1991)
A really good interview full of guitarist/songwriter-type information. Thanks go to Erich Hartmann for the transcription.
- Road to Gnomewhere(Vox, July 1991)
A long article, based on a Black Francis interview
- Howl Soon is Now? (Melody Maker, December 14 1991)
Negative Washington DC gig review ("they used to be untouchable")
- Bob Mould and Black Francis Interview (Musician, February 1993)
Very interesting conversation between the two
- Black Francis' Name Game (Rolling Stone, February 4 1993)
Frank Black is born, and there are rumours about a possible Pixies split...
- Pixies' Bossa Says it's Nova (NME, January 23 1993)
NME's exclusive story about the split!
- Black is Back (Melody Maker, October 4 1997)
When Frank Black talks about Black Francis...
- Back in Black (Hour, October 1997)
Frank Black speaks about his problems with interviews, explains why he
makes the promotion interviews for DttP, speaks about Frank Black, and
answers the Pixies reunion question!
- Hello Goodbye 9: Joey Santiago & the Pixies (Mojo, November 1997, December issue)
Joey Santiago talks about the beginning and the end of the Pixies. Read how Kim
was nearly fired from the band (before Bossanova!) and Joey's opinion on
the reasons for the split
- Pixies Gone to Heaven (The Guitar Magazine, December 1997)
The Guitar Magazine tackles Joey Santiago for the truth on the birth, life and demise of Boston's finest...
If you have other articles you would like to share with us, please do it!
Last Updated 11-30-98